𝗚𝗲𝘁 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗙𝗹𝘂 𝗩𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲 𝗧𝗼𝗱𝗮𝘆!
Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever during 2020-2021 to protect yourself and the people around you from flu, and to help reduce the strain on healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Emergency Care of Floresville
Why Should you get the Flu Vaccine this year?
The best way to protect yourself and your loved ones against influenza (flu) is to get a flu vaccine every flu season. Flu is a contagious respiratory disease that can lead to serious illness, hospitalization, or even death. CDC recommends everyone six months and older get an annual flu vaccine.
- Every year, flu vaccination prevents illnesses, medical visits,hospitalizations, and deaths.
- Flu vaccination also is an important preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions. For example flu vaccination has been associated with lower rates of some cardiac events among in people with heart disease
- Vaccinating pregnant women helps protect them from flu illness and hospitalization, and also has been shown to help protect the baby from flu infection for several months after birth, before the baby can be vaccinated.
- A 2017 study showed that flu vaccine can be life-saving in children.
- While some people who get vaccinated still get sick, flu vaccination has been shown in several studies to reduce severity of illness